Photobucket

Friday, May 17, 2013

Food Blogging

So here I am to do a little sharing on my cooking of Korean 죽.

Yes. I do cook. And I love being in the kitchen alone with my TVD series on my MacBook playing. :)

My version on Korean 죽 which means porridge, egg with chopped long beans and stir-fried pork(Sorry to fellow halal mates!!) for sides. I love Korean style 죽, not too salty and not too bland. I find them healthier, easy to eat for lazy people who hates chewing their food and good for little kids and old people! :)

First and forth most, you must cook your rice first and always remember to keep stirring it!
-Rice and add chicken soup or just water as you wish. Boil the rice with either one before you start chopping away!

As it cooks, be sure to monitor it every few mins to see if you need to add more water but not too watery though. Agar-ation is the key!

I DICED the following ingredients for 3 servings: Chopped as small as you like!
Carrots
-Baby carrots(They are sweeter or any kind of carrots you much prefer)
Mushrooms.
- I love shitake mushrooms and sometimes use normal Chinese mushrooms if shitake are available at the supermarket

Onions and Garlics
- I think onions and garlics are essential to food like porridge. Don't ask me why but I guess I love to have that hint of onion and garlic in most of my Chinese food. If you don't like them? Go easy on them. :)

Fresh crabmeat
- I put these aside for later as you can see from the pictures.

Now you will need the following to start the cooking!

- Olive Oil, Sesame Oil, Light soy sauce, Oyster Mushroom sauce, Salt, Pepper and parsley.

Before you start, make sure you rice is cooked!
Add Olive oil and then I fried the garlic followed by the onions. Wait till the garlics turn golden brown before adding in the onions. And after which, I added the carrots and mushrooms. Stir-fried them for like a minute and then I add in my wet rice. I preferred my porridge to be less watery. I like them thick like eating baby food or oat meal.
Then add in 1 spoon sesame oil, 1 spoon light soy sauce, two spoons of Oyster Mushroom sauce, 2 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of Pepper!

Keep stirring your porridge! :)
Cooked for like 15mins and you are done!

You can boil the crab meat with another pot and prepare the parleys for garnishing as your porridge cooks.


And TADAH! :)
These are what I cooked for Boo and her brother.
These 2 fellas and her mummy have been my guinea pigs and up till date, no history of diarrhea!
So all good yeah? haha!

 

 

So we booked so many trips and yet we are still in Singapore! BUT we are going to the SHIP next week! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hai,

how to prepare the a Mushrooms?

Packer and Movers in Dwarka Delhi

July 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home